Thursday, May 23, 2013

Meeting with a former colleague is a great thing, but it can be a bit uncomfortable as well.  Today I met with a former co-worker and it was great.  We met at a really good restaurant called the Boiler House for lunch so that by itself was worth the time.  The food was really good and it was very reasonable for lunch.  Beyond that she had some great insights into some of the work we did together and some great feedback about what she saw as some of my strengths.  Getting feedback from people with whom you've worked, especially about strengths is a good thing.

The biggest takeaways were that she felt I was very collaborative and open to working with areas outside of my own and even my own division.  I appreciated that because it was exactly what I was trying to do.  Now I need to consider how those skills and attributes fit in with other possible work and organizations as well as how best to communicate those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment